Saturday, June 18, 2016

Halfway Reflection


1. The behaviors I have used to keep us with the requirements of this course have been starting work early. Even if I'm not posting to my blog directly, I have looked over each assignment and started planning out my week every Monday. I always write a draft and then publish the next day to make sure I have all the information I want in my post added. I've learned that starting early for this class is the key.

2. In the assignments that required me to interview people and I could hardly get a good response out of the several people I interviewed was a moment when I wanted to give it. It's hard to have to deal with people not giving you a proper response or taking you seriously. I feel like I've had to just buckle down and make myself work somedays.

3. My tips for students in the next semesters would be to 1) START EARLY. This will help develop a tenacious attitude because it will help you not get so flustered. You won't be working under as much pressure. 2) Don't get frustrated with someone doesn't answer your questions seriously. There's a million other people out there who will. 3) Rewrite. This helps with a tenacious mindset because you'll know you can always do something more.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mary,

    I too had quite a learning experience from asking strangers to spend time answering questions. Being able to handle rejection is essential to becoming a successful entrepreneur. However the benefits of patience can be enormous because you may get the one perfect interview that truly propels your project in a positive direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mary, I like how you read the assignments and make a draft ahead of time. That's definitely a time saver. I also agree that you should start early, it's easy to get behind with an online class. I should definitely take your tip of having to rewrite. I usually like to do something and just get it done, but if I were to take up the habit of rewriting I wouldn't dread it as much.

    ReplyDelete