Sunday, July 31, 2016

My Exit Strategy


My exit strategy is so sell my company after I leave the Gainesville area. I would only want to own the company for as long as I am in school. I think GatorShuttle would be a great business for someone who will stay in Gainesville and really work with the company. I would want to kick start the business, but once it is going strong sell it by the time I intend to leave Gainesville.

I chose this strategy because I have no desire to stay in Gainesville. I think I would want to move on to new ideas and a new market that I could create new products in. I want to keep making products as I grow, not stick with the same one.

I think my exit strategy influenced my concept because I wanted to create a product mainly for college students. I think wanted to sell my product after I am done with college is the right move. I will no longer be a college student, so I will lose my edge for what college students will want.


3 comments:

  1. Mary,

    I think many business ideas get bought and/or sold out. I think your idea behind it is super important. I think because you are not only here and can see what is going on but also a college student too that you will have the most success in this business. To leave the area and out of college will take you out of the know. I think you chose a smart avenue to pursue. Your posts have been awesome throughout the term, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,
    Thank you very much for your contribution to this class. I would definitley agree that it would be a good time to sell your company once you left Gainesville. If you have no desire to stay in Gainesville, then it may be beneficial to receive a large cash payment and give your company to somebody who is willing to manage it full-time in Gainesville.

    Unless you believe that you would be short-changed in selling your business, I definitley believe that your exit opportunity would be good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, I think you did a great post with your opportunity and with your exit strategy. I also have no intention in staying in Gainesville after I graduate so I can totally relate to your point of view. I also think its the best option with your enterprise, this company should be owned by people that are staying in Gainesville. Great job recognizing that!

    ReplyDelete