Thursday, August 4, 2016

Reading Reflection No. 3

For this exercise, I read "Coco Chanel." What most surprised me about reading this book was all the personal details surrounding Chanel. For example, her affair with the Nazi soldier. Lisa Chaney was able to get rich personal details. What I most admire about Chanel is her drive. She didn't care what people said and she still developed a life long popular clothing line. This also goes with that I didn't like about Chanel. She didn't care what other people said so I think it made her a little cold-hearted in her later years. Chanel was a woman trying to make a popular clothing line. She had to overcome the fact that a woman could have a career, and she fail time and time again trying to make her line last.

The competencies Chanel exhibited were making her clothing line last. Even long after she has been gone, her line is still up to her standards and still one of the top brands in fashion.

I was confused in the reading about Chanel and the second World War. I felt like the information was a bit confusing and based off of other things I've read about Chanel, maybe not entirely truthful. There had been speculation that she was even a German spy. However, all the biographies written after her death I guess will never really have the true answers. Only Chanel herself could answer them.

What made her strive so hard for her clothing line? Did she feel like she put too much time into her clothing line and not her family?

I think Chanel's opinion of handwork is beating the odds and showing people they are wrong when they doubt you. I definitely agree with her views; I think it pushing you to work harder.


No comments:

Post a Comment