Thursday, May 12, 2016

Bug List

1. During the slow shifts at Sonny's my coworkers decided to sit around and talk instead of clean up the restaurant.
Why: Typically everyone stops doing sidewalk/cleaning up after a rush, so everyone wants to relax for a few minutes.

2. The RTS summer bus schedule is too spread out and causes me to be late to work after school.
Why: Not as many students take summer classes and the buses aren't as full.

3. The coolant in the 2005 Volvo ran out and caused my car to overheat on the interstate.
Why: I typically rely on my dad to check this stuff out, but since I'm living away from home I let this responsibility slide.

4. People who do not use their blinker when switching lanes.
Why: People need to switch lanes quickly and might just forget to use it.

5. When I'm home and my mom comes into my room to talk to me, but leaves the door open when she leaves.
Why: She probably forgets I had my door closed in the first place.

6. My roommates who never clean the kitchen, even when it's their turn.
Why: They all work and take classes, so its hard to fit in other stuff with a busy schedule.

7. The tint on my back windshield is peeling.
Why: The previous owner of my car most likely got the tint done somewhere cheap. I am to poor to fix it.

8. Customers who don't let me say my name before telling me what they want to eat.
Why: They are probably in a hurry and may have not heard me talking.

9. My water filter broke and my water tastes like tap water.
Why: I haven't gone to the store to by a new filter yet.

10. A customer orders both a soda and a water but only drinks the soda.
Why: It's hard to drink water after tasting soda.

11. If a table I work my butt off for stiffs me.
Why: Maybe they thought the bill would be cheaper and didn't have enough money. They could also think someone else was leaving a tip.

12. UF financial aid taking two weeks to call me back.
Why: It's the beginning of summer semester, so they are probably very busy with calls.

13. I ordered a swimsuit three weeks ago, but it is on backorder so I haven't received it yet.
Why: Mona bikini is very popular and probably has a lot of orders going out.

14. My Halo oranges that I bought from Publix aren't easy peel.
Why: Oranges aren't supposed to peel super easily so I must have gotten a faulty batch.

15. When my friend sends me a snapchat, but also puts the snapchat on their story.
Why: They must really want to make sure I see whatever is on the snapchat.

16. The residents at my apartment complex always park on or outside of the lines.
Why: They might be in a hurry or thought the parking lines were further out.

17. I currently have a pimple on the crease of my nose that I can't pop.
Why: I went to the gym and did not wash my face immediately afterwards.

18. Starbucks drive-thru made my coffee that was supposed to have one pump of hazelnut with three.
Why: They might have gotten my order confused with someone else's or misheard me.

19. My financial aid only covers about half of my tuition fees for summer.
Why: There is less student loan money given out during summer because typically students take less classes.

20. My roommates cat peed on my bed.
Why: She is never in my room and I should've known better then to leave her alone in my room.

I found this assignment extremely difficult. Around number five I started struggling with things that really bug me. This assignment also made me feel like the issues that bug me are very frivolous compared to issues that people are going through that bug them.

4 comments:

  1. Great list. I had the RTS summer bus service on my list as well. As someone who spent over 10 years in the restaurant/bar business some of your comments triggered rage inducing memories. Like you I was able to rattle off around 5 and than the responses became more difficult to identify. When I thought about it further I realized there is a lot I just let slide because that is my personality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good list of bugs, Mary. For me, this list was difficult at first but then got easier to think of things that bug me. People who do not clean up after themselves also bugs me but I do understand that sometimes people get very busy and forget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your list and I had a lot of similarities. I haven't worked in restaurants but I can see how this could be annoying. I also don't like when people snapchat me and put it on their story. I get really annoyed when people don't clean up after themselves too and when my mom doesn't shut the door.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mary,

    I can relate to several items on your list. Having worked in a restaurant, I definitely sympathize with #1. I also am bugged by the repeating snapchat issue. I usually don't want to see the exact same snap twice in a row. Great job with this post!

    - Ryan

    ReplyDelete