1. Workers Compensation
I found this on buisnessnewsdaily.com. An opportunity could exists from this because in 2016 the requirements relating to workers comp and insurance rates may weaken. The customer would be employees who need workers compensation. This would be a difficult opportunity and it would require a base knowledge of insurance and business. I saw this as an opportunity because I have a friend who had to use workers comp and had to jump through os many hoops because his employer did not easily offer workers comp.
2. Affordable Care Act
I found this on accountingtoday.com With Obama moving out of office a lot are winding what will happen with the affordable care act. This is an opportunity with small business owners because they do not have to provide health insurance but receive tax credit if they do provide health care. I saw this as an opportunity because my sister works in insurance for a small local business.
3. Virtual Reality
I found this on reform.com. An opportunity exits to involve education with virtual reality. The customer would be users of the game system already. This would be relatively easy do to if you were involved in making video games already. Schools could use virtual reality as a way of teaching. I think this is an opportunity because I see so many students an kids already using virtual reality so this would put some good into the video game economic growth.
4. Global Climate Change
I found this on atkearney.com. Extreme weather events are becoming more frequent and people want to get involved with helping the environment. The customer would be any citizen who wants to help climate change etc. This would be a more difficult opportunity because not everyone cares about climate change and getting involved. I saw this as an opportunity because if someone could come up with a accessible method so everyone can help get involved with climate change, it could really make a difference.
Mary Kate,
ReplyDeleteYou picked a great variety of opportunities. The Affordable Care Act is interesting to seek out. How does your sister feel about this? I wonder if this act will have more or less stipulations when a new president is elected. Or maybe be voted to remove. If that is case, I wonder what affect it would have for your sister. Some small businesses who took on offering insurance from this act, may remove this option and may put those like your sister out of work. Either direction this Act is heading may cause trouble.
Mary Kate,
ReplyDeleteYou found some really great opportunities to write about. I found the one on virtual reality particularly interesting. What a great opportunity to engage children in learning and education through gaming. I also liked the opportunity you identified about global climate change. There is definitely a need for people to get more involved in protecting our planet and preventing further destruction.
Hello Mary Kate,
ReplyDeleteI really like the opportunities on worker compensations and the affordable care act. I believe that if a democratic president is elected I don't really think that the affordable are act is going to be ruled out, but it will be interesting to see what does happen and how things go down. About the workers comp. I like the fact that it is an opportunity that anyone can take advantage of, this is something that is going to require a good set of skills in business.